Minneapolis Real Estate
MINNEAPOLIS REAL ESTATE
Minneapolis is the largest city in the state of Minnesota, and is the county seat of Hennepin County, the most populous county in the state. Along with its adjoining sister city of St. Paul, the state capital, this area, known as the Twin Cities, is the sixteenth largest metropolitan area in the United States.
The city of Minneapolis encompasses both banks of the Mississippi River and its topography is beautified by an abundance of lakes, wetlands, creeks and waterfalls. The Grand Rounds Scenic Byway, 50-miles of linked, nearly unbroken, parkland weaving throughout the city, and ideally suited for leisurely driving, biking or hiking is one of many reasons why Minneapolis is considered one of the most “livable” cities in the country.
An easy to navigate and surprisingly affordable city, Minneapolis and its surrounding environs encompass countless cultural and recreational venues:
* 22 lakes and more than 170 parks . Abundant green space assures that no resident lives more than six blocks from a city park.
* Minneapolis is home to ten professional sports teams, including the Vikings, Twins and Timberwolves, as well as top-level college basketball and football teams, such as St. Johns University football, and the University of Minnesota’s football and basketball teams.
* Minneapolis takes a back seat to no city in the country when it comes to cultural venues. More than fifty museums and countless art galleries, as well as more theatre seats per capita than any U.S. city with the exception of New York, assure visitors and residents alike of a cultural experience expected to be found in any world-class metropolitan region.
* Dining and Entertainment: Nine different entertainment and restaurant districts within the city offer a dazzling variety of choices for club hoppers and diners alike. Cabarets, jazz and comedy clubs, gourmet restaurants and more await the visitor to these districts.
A strong economic base bolstered by major corporate entities such as General Mills, Medtronic, Target, Best Buy and United Health Group, among others, has helped propel Minneapolis resident’s per capita personal income to the tenth-highest in the nation. Additionally, highly rated educational facilities and a comprehensive network of internationally known hospitals and clinics strongly contribute to the reputation of Minneapolis as one of the nation’s premier cities in which to live, work and play.
MINNEAPOLIS HOMES FOR SALE
The average listing price of Minneapolis homes for sale for the quarter July thru September 2009 was #337,681, a drop of 1.1%. Median sales price for this period was $154,000, a drop of 6.3% Average price for square foot was $127, down 16.4%.
Average Listing Price:
1 bedroom $169,235 – 01%
2 bedrooms $273,329 – 0.6%
3 bedrooms $314,679 – 1.1%
4 bedrooms $487,754 -1.4%
If you are planning to purchase a new home or resale in the Minneapolis area, do you know where the best deals are to be found? If you don’t know, we do! The Preferred Home Team of realtors can help you to achieve your Minneapolis real estate goals quickly and efficiently.
As Minneapolis realtors of experience and efficiency, we can help you to find a downtown loft or townhouse, a condo or quiet suburban residence ideally suited to match your lifestyle requirements.
Preferred Home team can guide you through the maze of purchasing a bank-owned property, or negotiate on your behalf for the lowest possible purchase price on a privately owned home.
Preferred Home Team represents sellers of Minneapolis real estate as well, and our extensive knowledge of the entire Minneapolis-St. Paul region can prove invaluable in helping to set a realistic selling price that will prevent your home from languishing on the open market for countless months.
- North Loop 17
- The Legacy 10
- Portland Tower 4
- Parkside At Humboldt Greenway 4
- The Carlyle 4
- Linden Hills 4
- Riverwest 3
- American Trio Lofts 3
- Lowry Hill 3
- Skyscape 3
- Fulton 3
- Loring Park 3
- The Ivy Residences 3
- Elliot Park 3
- Lynnhurst 2
- Stonebridge Lofts 2
- Armatage 2
- Kenwood Isles Citi Homes 2
- Mount Curve City Residences 2
- Kenwood 2